Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review: Bah, Humbug!

Title:  Bah, Humbug!
Author:  Heather Horrocks
Genre:  Novella; Romantic Comedy; Christmas
Publisher:  Word Garden Press
Release date:  September 9, 2011
File Size/Pages:  235 kb/77 pages
Source:  Bought

My Rating:  5/5

Summary:  Lexi Anderson is an up-and-coming, Martha Stewart-type TV hostess whose two kids love the Jared Strong adventure novels, which happen to be written by their new neighbor, Kyle Miller.  For the first time in his writing career, Kyle has writer’s block--until he sees the snowman on his lawn and realizes it’s the perfect solution to his plot problem. He digs in and discovers two things: one, his villain’s weapon will fit inside a snowman's body, and two, this particular snowman was supposed to be the backdrop for Lexi’s next show.  From this improbable beginning comes friendship, but can there be a happy ending for a woman who is afraid to get close again and a man who has shadows from his childhood?  Families join together and hearts are healed as this couple goes walking in a winter wonderland.

Review:  Before I get into talking about this book, I just want to say that I absolutely LOVE the cover of this book; I think it's safe to say that I definitely have a cover crush!!  This book was an amazing read, and it really got me into the Christmas spirit.  Lexi Anderson, the main character, is a divorced mother to two children, Trista, who is 11-years-old, and Stephen, who is 7-years-old.  Lexi is also a TV hostess, and is often referred to as Martha Stewart of the new millennium.  In the story, Lexi Anderson meets Kyle Miller, an author who her children happen to be obsessed with,  who is also their next door neighbor.  When they first meet, Lexi and Kyle get off on the wrong foot and it's definitely hilarious as to why they don't get along at first.  As the story goes along, you learn a lot more about both of their characters, their struggles, and even how they truly feel about one another.  I absolutely loved this book, and I will definitely be reading it again…I was shocked because even though it was a short story, it ended perfectly!!  My favorite part of the story was the reason they got off on the wrong foot ended up being the start of something new for them.  This book made me laugh, (almost) made me cry, and it really got me into the Christmas spirit, and I loved every minute of it.

No comments: