Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review: Effie at the Wedding



Title:  Effie at the Wedding (The Effie Stories)
Author:  Tracy Marchini
Genre:  Young adult; short story
Publisher:  Squirrel Books
Release Date:  March 30, 2011
File Size/Pages:  92 kb/8 pages
Source:  Bought

My Rating:  1/5

Summary:  Effie has a million reasons why she's not thrilled to be at her sister's wedding -- and the monstrously pink bridesmaid's dress isn't even on the list. When Effie finds herself locked in the bathroom, she thinks she might just stay there. After all, it's better than hearing from her mom about how often she's been to the buffet or how beautiful Ophelia looks in her wedding dress.  In this hysterical young adult short story, Effie will have to find a reason to celebrate... or get used to her porcelain throne.

Review:  There's not much to really say about this book; I'm not sure if it's just because it was 8 pages or what.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy short stories, a lot; especially if you're busy, short stories really come in handy.  I think I would've enjoyed it a lot more if it was a longer, short story.  Effie, the main character, was an enjoyable character, and Marchini definitely makes you feel sorry for Effie.  I wish there was more I could say about this book, but unfortunately there isn't.

No comments: