Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review: The Magic Touch

Title:  The Magic Touch
Author:  Dara England
Genre:  Fantasy; Chick Lit
Publisher:  n/a
Release date: October 12, 2011
File Size/Pages:  347 kb/29 pgs
Source:  Bought
Challenge(s):  Personal A-Z Challenge; eBook Challenge

My Rating:  1/5

Summary:  Fairy godmother Ambrielle is having an off year. Placed on probation by the fairy council, she’s going to have to perform a miracle in twenty-four hours in order to stay in the godmothering game. Her assignment? To help a reluctant young bachelor woo back his ex-girlfriend while turning his failing career around. But with her stubborn charge fighting her at every turn and her godmother license on the line, is Ambrielle about to lose her first battle? One thing’s for sure, she’s not going to hang up her wand without a fight.

Review:  Ambrielle is a fairy godmother who is on probation from making one too many screw ups this year.  In order to redeem herself, she helps one of her more stubborn charges who happens to be a bachelor.  In all honesty, I did not enjoy this book at all!!  From the beginning of the story, I just felt that I was thrown into the book blind and knew nothing about it.  There was no sign of back story, prologue, or anything.  Even though this book was 29 pages, it took me a few days to read it, just because I simply couldn't get into this book at all.  There were a lot of things this book could've added that still could've made it a short story.  The only reason I finished this book was so it could count towards my challenge(s).

No comments: