Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cheering on Our Children

"Cheering on Our Children" is a feature that I came up with about a week ago when I learned about the death of baby Trek Atlas Ingram.  When I met author, Lacy Camey, I learned of Trek's story not too long after.  I was so enthralled of all the things that his parents were doing, for example, traveling the world with their little baby and their two sons.  To learn more about Trek's story, click here.  To learn more about the journey and trips the Ingram family has taken, click here

So now that you know where the inspiration came from, I guess it's time to tell you more about the feature itself.  There are so many things we can do to show our children love and support; it shocks me more and more everyday how times have changed, and I'm only 21!  In my opinion, there are way too many children playing video games and not enough reading!  Instead of sitting our children in front of the television sets, we should encourage them to do something more productive, like reading.  What's that; your children are too young to read?  Then, set aside a half an hour to read a book to them.  Each month I will review a Children's book, and hopefully encourage more book blogs to review at least one children's book a month.  These children are the next generation for crying out loud, and the encouragement has to start somewhere, so why not with us?

This month I will be reviewing "The Three Brothers go to the Beach" which is written by Jarrett Ingram, the father of sweet baby Trek Ingram.  Although I'm not a mother and have no children to read this book to, I am SUPER EXCITED about reading this book and I can't wait to share my review with y'all.  Be sure to check back for a review on "The Three Brothers go to the Beach"!



1 comment:

lacycameywrites.com said...

what a beautiful post! :) And what a great thing to do! Looking forward to your children books reviews!

Also—I agree about children these days!!