Monday, January 7, 2013

Author Interview with Cara Leyba

Cara Alwill Leyba is a best selling author, and certified life and wellness coach from New York City who empowers women to live their most effervescent lives and celebrate themselves. She encourages women to indulge in the things that make them happy, and swears that every woman can live a "champagne life," no matter how busy she is or how tight her budget. Her blog, The Champagne Diet, boasts a following of thousands of loyal readers and has been featured in Glamour, Shape, Cafe Mom, Daily Mail UK, MSN Australia, AOL UK Lifestyle, and a host of other publications worldwide. Cara's writing has been featured in The Huffington Post, xJane, Mind Body Green, MTV News, and many other sites. Cara regularly appears on the “Ask Dr. Fritz” radio show on WWRL New York, where she helps host Dr. Fritz answer questions from callers about love, career, family, relationships and more. She also hosts her own lifestyle and wellness show, "Uncork Your Best Self" on Blog Talk Radio. Cara's first book, SPARKLE, became an immediate #1 bestseller on Amazon in both the Happiness and Self-Esteem categories upon hours of its release. She celebrated the release of her book with a book signing in New York City this past fall. When she’s not popping bubbly, blogging, or working with her coaching clients, Cara spends her days leading a digital advertising team at MTV Networks. She lives in Brooklyn, New York with her husband and dog-child. For more on Cara visit www.LiveCreateSparkle.com

Q. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I'm a writer and lifestyle & wellness coach from NYC. I'm a true girly girl. I love champagne, all things pink, and I consider myself to be a very passionate person. I've learned to look at all the difficult times in my life as blessings, and I feel like it's my job to teach women to do the same. I am married to a wonderful man and together we have an adorable little shih tzu named Yoshi!

Q. What inspired your book, Sparkle?

I just felt there were so many books out there insisting women change everything about their lives in order to be happy. Most of them just wound up making us feel like we weren't good enough - like we'd never have these ideal lives because there was so much work to be done. I wrote Sparkle to show women that they have everything within them to design their perfect lives. That they are beautiful exactly as they are.


Q. Is writing something you've always wanted to do or did you develop a love for it as time went on?

I've always loved to write. I knew I wanted to be an author from the time I was in elementary school.

Q. With 2013 being just around the corner, do you plan on making any New Year's resolutions or is that something you tend to avoid?

I avoid them, honestly. I really believe we should be looking at our lives all year long and examining what's working - and what's not working - and adjusting accordingly. It shouldn't only be reserved for the first few days of a New Year. I joke around with my readers and tell them that instead of resolutions, we should call them "fab-olutions" because it's all about making our lives that much more fabulous!

Q. What book are you currently reading?


 "A Return to Love" by Marianne Williamson

Q. What can your fans expect next?

The sequel to Sparkle, which will be called "The Sparkle Sessions: An Interactive Guidebook to Adding More Pop, Passion, and Purpose to Your Life" - it will include exercises and worksheets so women can put the teachings of Sparkle into action in their lives. I'm so excited!

Q. What is your number one sparkle tip that you usually give to women?

Do more of what makes you happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Q&A to end the tour!