Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Interview with Priya Narendran

My name is Priya Narendran and I have been a fan of paranormal fiction and fairy tales for years. I started writing when I was 7 years old and haven’t stopped writing since. So far I have written mainly fairy tale themed stories but I hope to branch out into paranormal romance and fantasy in the near future.  As well as writing I’m an avid film buff and my favourite films include My Fair Lady, Amadeus, Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Shining. I tend to write mainly fairy tale re-tellings mainly because I find it fascinating to look at fairy tales through a modern lens. I hope you enjoy reading these books as much as I have enjoyed writing them.


Q. What inspired your plot for Schoolgirl Cinderella?

Wanting to write a modern day fairy tale in an English school setting.

Q. Do you have a writing ritual?

I complete all my writing in the morning before I go to work.

Q. Is writing something you've always wanted to pursue?

Yes. It’s sort of been a passion of mine since a very young age.

Q. Out of all your novels you have written, which one is your favorite? Why?

Schoolgirl Cinderella is my favourite because it is the classic story of triumph over adversity.  

Q. What is your favorite thing to munch on while writing?

I usually have a plate of fruit beside me when I’m working.

Q. What are your writing goals for 2013?

I am planning to take a few months off until I come up with a good idea.

Q. What book(s) are you currently reading?

The Book Thief and re-reading Perfume.

Q. Where is your most favorite place to write?

I usually work in my study at home.

Q. What can your fans expect from your novel?

I hope they find the book to be a fun filled tale with a really good ending.

Q. What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

Read as many books as you can to try and understand the many different styles out there.

No comments: