Monday, May 20, 2013

Guest Post: Karolyn James

Writing a series is like extending your family by… five, ten, twenty, however many characters you get to create, meet, and write about. I take my latest series, Brothers of Rock, that serious. The five guys that make up Chasing Cross are like an extended portion of my family. Everyday I think about Johnnie, Davey, Danny, Chris, and Rick. And why shouldn’t I? They’ve crashed into my life and have taken it over. I plan their shows, set them on the road to tour, and best of all, I get to watch them fall in love.

When writing about rockstars it’s easy to fall into clichés. And while I’m not going to say that there may not be a few situations that appear stereotypical for rockstars, I will say that each and every book has its purpose and tells the story of that band member. Just because they’re rockstars doesn’t mean they’re immune to the outside world. Yes, they’re rich. Yes, they’re sexy. Yes, they’re everything a person could dream for in rockstars. But guess what? They have hearts. They have feelings. They are real people. And that’s what I wanted to create when I started Brothers of Rock. I wanted to show these musicians off the stage, exploring their feelings, fighting their demons, and falling love. Plus, through these five books, it’s five different men. Five different stories. But yet they all connect together.

Right now, Brothers of Rock #1 and #2 are available. Book #3 is due the end of June (2013). Thanks to the reader response, there are talks of extending the Brothers of Rock series beyond the original five books.

Author's Bio
Karolyn James has been published over 100 times, reached bestseller lists on Amazon, and writes in both romance and erotic romance. Her two newest series are the romance hit, Brothers of Rock, and the erotic romance series, Rock Her Curves.

Follow Karolyn

No comments: