Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Interview with Sophie Meyer

Sophie Meyer has been writing for years, and has always been in love with love. With a background in psychology, philosophy and theater, she's helped many find love, avoid detours and climb out of  inevitable pitfalls. The essence of her life and work are exploring the wonderful, spontaneous and unpredictable surprises life loves to provide. She also offers talks and workshops on finding and living a life of love.

Q. What inspired the plot for your novel, Where's The Groom?

I have been very involved studying and working with love, relationships and many new age practices. Where’s The Groom? is a lively, zany, humorous romance which is based in the new age ideas about love.

Q. Would you say that you and Ashley are similar or completely opposite?

Ashley and I are similar in many ways. I certainly identify with her and could even see myself doing what she does in the book, although it is totally unusual and off the wall in many ways. But, I am adventurer by nature. 

Q.  At what age did you realize writing was something you wanted to pursue?

I’ve been writing since I was ten or eleven. It was always natural and even necessary for me. I never really could see how I could get along without it….so it happened inevitably. 

Q. Describe your writing ritual.

After breakfast every morning I meditate and then go straight to my writing. The morning hours are sacred writing time for me. 

Q. What are your writing goals for 2013?

I hope to complete another novel about star crossed soul mates.

Q. What is your favorite thing to munch on while writing?

I don’t eat while writing. Afterwards, though, I just love ginger tea and chocolate.

Q. What book(s) are you currently reading?

Currently reading a lot of poetry. Need time to feed my soul.

Q. If Where's The Groom was a movie, who would you like to see play the main characters?

I’d love to see Kate Hudson and Hugh Grant  in the main roles.

Q. What can your fans expect next?

A book about soul mates, what that means, where a soul mate comes from and how to find your own.

Q. What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

Just write every day, no matter how you feel. Once you get started your feelings will change anyway, about a thousand times. It’s the daily doing of it that matters. And, as you write, let your inner critic go. Enjoy the process, delight in it, make as many mistakes as you feel like, wander off into any road. Then, later on, you can go back and edit and see what you’ve got. You may be surprised and delighted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Had a lot of fun reading this interview!