Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Review: Sand Castle Bay

Title:  Sand Castle Bay
Author:  Sherryl Woods
Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Publisher:  Harlequin MIRA
Release Date:  March 26, 2013
File Size/Pages:  507 KB/376 pgs
Source:  Harlequin MIRA

My Rating:  5/5

Summary:  In a trade-off she's lived to regret, Emily Castle left home years ago to become an interior designer. The youngest of three sisters, Emily desperately wanted to prove herself. Success, though, came at the cost of leaving behind the man she loved. For Boone Dorsett, losing Emily left his heart shattered, but another woman was waiting in the wings. Now a widower with a young son, Boone has a second chance with Emily when a storm brings her home. But with his former in-laws threatening a custody suit, the stakes of loving her are higher than ever. Will fate once again separate them—or is the time finally right for these two star-crossed lovers?

Review:  Not only is this my first Sherryl Woods' novel, but it's the first paperback book I've read in a few years (yes, technology has spoiled me), but I absolutely LOVED this novel. The story begins with Emily Castle receiving a phone call from her oldest sister about heading to North Carolina to help their Grandmother, Cora Jane pick up the pieces after a hurricane swept through. Being from the South, I appreciated it was a hurricane that brought Emily back to her hometown to be with her family and help them out. After experiencing my own handful of hurricanes, you learn that it's your family that matters...not material things because material things can always be replaced. When Emily arrives in North Carolina, she is leery of Boone Dorsett, the man she left behind years ago. During the story, Emily's sisters (Gabriella and Samantha) along with Cora Jane, try to slowly but surely put Emily and Boone back together again. I don't think I've ever experienced so many different emotions while reading one novel. I couldn't put the book down, but towards the last chapter I was terrified of how things could turn out, and I didn't want to finish reading, but I'm glad that I did! There were times where I was hoping for a little more drama; for example, if Emily and Boone got into an argument, they would make up within a matter of minutes or days. Aside from their jobs and prides, there wasn't really anything keeping this couple apart. Overall, I thought this novel was excellent; I loved the bond between the Castle women and even the bond between Emily and Boone's son, BJ. I can't wait to read the other two books in the series!

No comments: