Friday, August 1, 2014
Review: Better Critiquing for Better Writing by Kelly Hart
Author: Kelly Hart
Genre: Writing, Research & Publishing Guides
Publisher: Better Scribe
Release Date: February 22, 2014
File Size/Pages: 784 KB/108 pgs
Source: Kelly Hart
My Rating: 5/5
Summary: Turn the fear of what others will think and say about your writing on its head and discover how to harness the power of critiquing and feedback to elevate your writing to the next level.
Whether you're writing your first word or you're a first-time fiction author, Better Critiquing for Better Writing is the book that shows you how to implement one of the best-kept secrets to writing.
Inside this ACTIONABLE guide you'll discover how to:
- Rapidly improve your fiction writing with the power of short critiques
- Harness the mechanics of critique to receive powerful writing feedback
- Find the right critiquing partner or group for you
- Give valuable feedback and have other writers and authors love you
- Find the best critique websites online - this book tells you what they are
- Take a bad critique and use it to improve as a writer
This book is ideal for:
- Those who are writing fiction and want to leverage critiquing to elevate their writing skills quickly
- New writers who want better writing skills and critiquing experiences
- People who are writing a novel, novella or short story and want to know what to expect when getting feedback
- New writers who want to join a critiquing group
- Writers and authors who benefit from visual examples of what 'to do' and 'not to do' when identifying story structure flaws
- Writers who feel that their critiquing group is not as helpful as they expected. This book will show you why.
BONUS: Free Online Fiction Writing Course and Formatting Guide Inside!
From your initial idea to writing your first draft, this free step-by-step writing course will be the kick-start you need for better writing skills and to complete your manuscript.
Review: I received this novel from the author in exchange for my honest opinion, and I absolutely loved this novel! The great thing about this novel is that Kelly gives you a lot of useful tips giving and getting critiques. A week before I started reading this novel, I joined the site, Ladies Who Critique, so I was thrilled to see that Kelly mentioned this website as one of her recommended online resources for writers. After reading Kelly's novel, I feel comfortable and confident enough to give and receive critiques on my current and future manuscripts!