Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Review: Our Hair by Leslie DuBois

Title:  Our Hair
Author:  Leslie DuBois
Genre:  Children's
Publisher:  Little Prince Publishing
Release Date:  March 12, 2014
File Size/Pages:  7153 KB/48 pgs
Source:  Bought

My Rating:  5/5

Summary:  This picture book instills self-esteem and pride. It teaches children to love themselves for who they are no matter the physical appearance of their hair.

Review:  This is the first book I read for 2015, and I thought this was a really cute book. The author, Leslie DuBois, shines a light on African American hair, letting little boys and girls know how special, and different (in a good way), African American hair truly is. I thought this was a very cute book, and I think parents' should read this book to their children so they can grasp the uniqueness of their hair.

No comments: