Monday, December 19, 2011

Review: A Boyfriend Before Christmas



Title:  A Boyfriend Before Christmas
Author:  Caedem Marquez
Genre:  Short Stories; Christmas
Publisher:  Unknown
Release date:  December 4, 2011
File Size/Pages:  135 kb/60 pages
Source:  Bought

My Rating:  3/5

Summary:  Rachel McDaniel loves being a single, 29-year-old co-owner of a chocolate shop. But when Rachel's aging mentor, Mama Bird unexpectedly decides the workaholic youngster needs a boyfriend before Christmas, Rachel must decide what she really wants in life: a man or her thriving career.  The quest for love will send her into hilarious situations. In the end, Rachel will find out if it is her time to love or if she will have to wait.

Review:  Since it's so close to Christmas, I've been really trying to get into the Christmas spirit by reading all Christmas themed books, but this one just did not do anything for me…if anything, it depressed me more than anything; I mean, seriously, what happened to Christmas miracles?  Rachel McDaniel lives and works for a lady that everyone refers to as Mama Bird.  Mama Bird is an old, sweet little lady who you'd picture as your Grandmother.  Rachel and Mama Bird met 10 years prior to the story and grew to love each other.  Mama Bird decides to set Rachel up on three dates, one with Gabriel, one with Michael, and one with Dr. Raphael.  At first, I didn't know what to expect, but these dates just seemed sort of vague and thrown together if you ask me.  Although the outcome of this book could send someone into a state of depression, I didn't want to completely rule this book out without reading the second book of this series.  I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it; it definitely wasn't the Christmas book to get me into the spirit though.

No comments: