Monday, February 27, 2012

Review: A Valentine From Harlequin

Title:  A Valentine from Harlequin:  Six Degrees of Romance
Author:  Nancy Warren, Catherine Spencer, Margaret Moore, Nancy Warren, & Christine Bell
Genre:  Romance; Anthology
Publisher:  Harlequin Special Releases 
Release date:  February 1, 2012
File Size/Pages:  385 kb
Source:  Bought
Challenge(s)Personal A-Z Challenge; eBook Challenge

My Rating:  3/5

Summary:  One opening paragraph, six unique stories...What if you gave six authors the same opening paragraph and let their imagination fly? That’s what we’ve done in A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance!  Experience the variety Harlequin romance has to offer with this collection of novellas from six Harlequin series, including the passionate drama of Harlequin Presents, steamy encounters of Harlequin Blaze, spooky and sensual tales of Harlequin Nocturne, and more.

Review:  I think this was a brilliant idea to have five different authors take the same opening paragraph and turn it into their own story.  The book was supposed to have six different stories, but the version that I have only has five, but that didn't bother me at all.  My most favorite stories in this book were "The Duke's Dilemma" and "Dead Man's Woman"; my least favorite story was "Night of the Living Wed".  I mean, in a dark, twisted and sick kind of way it was romantic, but that's just my opinion.  I don't think this would be a book I'd read again, but I'd recommend it to other people.  So overall, it was an okay book, but it really depends on what you like.

No comments: