Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Review: Charmed Season 9 (Volume 3)

Title:  Charmed Season 9: Volume 3
Author:  Paul Ruditis
Genre:  Graphic Novel
Publisher:  Zenescope
Release Date:  April 24, 2012
File Size/Pages:  184 pgs
Source:  NetGalley
Challenge(s)NetGalley Month

My Rating:  3/5

Summary:  The years have passed quickly for The Charmed Ones since they learned of their magical heritage. In only one decade they have experienced so much love and loss, joy and sorrow, failure and success. But time marches on and new challenges will be met as Phoebe is haunted by her past, Piper must deal with the present, and Paige is forced to cope with the future. But none of those events will prepare them to face the truth behind a family secret that could change everything for the Warren line.

Review:  I was very excited to get my hands on a copy of this Comic Book, courtesy of NetGalley, and it was enjoyable.  If anyone knows me, they know that I have a slight obsession with Charmed, seeing as to how I've been watching reruns of it for at least the past 3 years.  I've tried to stop watching it, but like I said it's been quite an obsession; I know almost all the episodes word for word.  I had mixed emotions when reading this comic book; I loved the fact that some old characters were brought back like Elise and Tyler, but it was odd to me that Elise knows about magic now, because of the fact that the sisters were so big on hiding their secret on the actual show.  The graphics didn't really live up to what I thought they'd be, they were okay, but they weren't great.  I did like a few of the stories; I loved the first one with Piper and the opening of her restaurant.  I even enjoyed Phoebe and Coop's story.  Paige's stories were very confusing to me; they were hard to understand and it just wasn't real clear.  Overall, this comic book was okay, if you're a die-hard Charmed fan, I'd suggest getting it.

No comments: