Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Interview with Brenda Jackson

Q. What inspired the plot for A Brother's Honor?

I wanted to write about three brothers who were drawn closer to a deathbed promise. 

Q. Do you have a writing ritual?

I get up each morning with a goal of writing 20 pages.  I'm happy if I write half that many.  No writing on Mondays.  That is the day I spend time with hubby doing the things he wants to do.  My New Year's resolution was not to write on the weekends, but I've failed there. 

Q. Is writing something you've always wanted to pursue?

No, I've always wanted to be a part of Corporate America. My degree from college is in Business Administration.

Q. What is your favorite thing to munch on while writing?

I try not to munch while writing but when I do, I enjoy fruit.

Q. What are you writing goals for 2013?

To follow the schedule established by my publisher and make sure each manuscript is submitted on time.

Q. What book(s) are you currently reading?

None.  I am presently under deadline.  I don't have time to read while under deadline.

Q. If you could read one book over and over again, which book would it be? Why?

Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss.  I love that book and read it again and again.  I have so many copies of that book.  When a new one with a different cover comes out, I get it.  To me the love story between Shanna and Ruark is simply breath-taking

Q. Where is your most favorite place to write?

In my office that overlooks my pool.

Q. What can your fans expect next?

A trilogy from the Westmorelands - Zane In July; Canyon in August; and Stern in September.  Then in November, my 100th book.

Q. What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

Believe in yourself as a writer. Never let anyone say you can't do it.

No comments: