Friday, June 28, 2013

Interview with Karolyn James

Q. What inspired the plot for your series, Brothers of Rock? 

I'm a music lover and always have been. I wanted to capture the life of a band off stage. On stage, they're rockstars... they command the show, the crowd, and together, they're a band of brothers. But what happens after the show? When they face the real world? They face demons, their past, their future, and in this series, they face romance!

Q. At what age did you realize writing was something you wanted to pursue?

When I was old enough to write a story. I just fell in love and never looked back.

Q. Describe your writing ritual. 

I wake up at 5am and write for hours. I have two little boys at home so the day is dictated around them. Then at night, I'm back at the keyboard again.

Q. What are your writing goals for 2013? 

To get the first five books of Brothers of Rock published. That will take care of Chasing Cross's story. I have a major collaboration deal with fellow author, London Casey, coming the end of the summer.

Q. What is your favorite thing to munch on while writing? 

Chex Mix!

Q. What book(s) are you currently reading? 

The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice - werewolves... yummy...

Q. If All Access were a movie, who would you like to see play the main characters? 

Oh... cool question! I need someone strong and sexy for Johnnie... maybe Mark Wahlberg even though he was already in a rockstar movie... as for Jess... I like Scarelett Johansson...

Q. What can your fans expect next? 

Brothers of Rock 3 is now out! And then I'll have 4 and 5 before the end of the year with my collab project mixed in between.

Q. What advice do you have for aspiring authors? 

Just keep writing until you find your groove. And when you find that groove... LOVE IT!!!! :)

No comments: