Sunday, August 11, 2013

A to Z Survey

I ran across Kaley Stewart's A to Z survey, which was created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner, and I thought it'd be kind of awesome to participate in the survey as well. I think this is an incredible idea because it's different than reviews, author interviews, and book spotlights. I hope you enjoy my selections!


Author you've read the most books from:
According to Goodreads, I've read the most books (four of them) by Leslie DuBois. This doesn't come as a shocker to me because I love all of her work.

Best Sequel Ever:
The Last Name Banks by Lacy Camey. I loved The Last Page, but The Last Name Banks caught me by surprise with a big secret that was revealed in the novel!

Currently Reading:
Archer by Debra Kayn and Wind Chime Point by Sherryl Woods.

Drink of Choice While Reading:
It depends on whether or not I have a snack to go with it, if I'm snacking on something, I just like water, but if I'm just drinking something it'd definitely be hot chocolate (yes, even during the Summer and I live in the South so it's pretty down here).

E-reader or Physical Book?
I think they both have their pros and cons, so I love both of them! Oddly enough, the books that I'm currently reading, one is on my Kindle, and the other one is a paperback book.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
I will ALWAYS have a soft spot for Parker Whalen, which is the hero in Katie Klein's novel, Cross My Heart. You would have to read the novel to understand why I have such love for Parker.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
A Sister's Forgiveness by Anna Schmidt. This novel left me thinking for weeks. How would I react if my niece was responsible for my daughter's death?

Hidden Gem Book:
Destined to Fail by Samantha March. 

Important Moment in Your Reading Life:
Creating my blog, finding Goodreads, and NetGalley. Creating my blog has allowed me to connect with wonderful authors and fellow bloggers, and I absolutely love it.

Just Finished:
His Fantasy Maid by Susan Blexrud.

Kinds of Books You Won't Read:
I'd pretty much read anything, except for Science Fiction.

Longest Book You've Read:
Barefoot in the Sand (421 pages) by Roxanne St. Claire.

Major book hangover because of:
After Math by Denise Grover Swank. I didn't want to read any books after this one because I had a feeling they wouldn't be able to live up to this one.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Believe it or not, I don't have any bookcases, but I have a ton of books. Needless to say under my bed looks like a library!

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
I'm not really big on reading books multiple times, but if I had to choose one to reread, it would be Becoming Mrs. Walsh by Jessica Gordon.

Preferred Place To Read:
I love reading in my big recliner.

Quote that inspired you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read:
Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak. Sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go. -- 365 Journal Writing Ideas by Rossi Fox

Reading Regret:
I regret not reading any books by Nicholas Sparks. I admire him and his stories. I'm thinking I should purchase one of his novels soon! 

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):
The Reality TV Trilogy by Heather Thurmeier. I've read the first two books in the series, now I just have to read Zoe's story, which I hope I can get around to soon!

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
In no particular order, my top three favorite books are In Need of Therapy by Tracie Banister, Finding Lucas by Samantha Stroh Bailey, and Jackpot! by Jackie Pilossoph.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Self-published/indie publishing company authors. I have a soft spot for all of them, so it's hard to narrow it down to just one!

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Zoey & the Moment of Zen by Cat Lavoie!

Worst Bookish Habit:
Letting my TBR list get longer and still purchase books. Seriously I have over 30 novels that I bought on my Kindle and haven't read yet!

X Marks The Spot:  Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Since I don't own any bookshelves, I went on Goodreads and on my to-read bookshelf, the 27th book is 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson.

Your latest book purchase:
365 Journal Writing Ideas by Rossi Fox. I'm absolutely loving this book because it keeps me writing/thinking daily. I've gotten to know myself better along the way as well.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Love In Translation by Sara Palacios, and that was back in March, and I'm pretty sure I neglected my school work for it as well!

3 comments:

Books Etc. said...

Thanks for the shout out! I think you've got a great bunch of answers here. I agree with your hidden gem pick and with the book you can't wait for. I'm so excited to read Cat's next book! I've been reading Nicholas Sparks for years (about ten, actually, now that I do the math) and they're good stories. They're so much more than the movies. I haven't read a lot of his older ones nor have I read his latest. Also - I loved the Ocean Breeze series. My favourite is the last one!

Josie Ann said...

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it! Which Nicholas Sparks do you recommend I read first?

Books Etc. said...

Hm. Good question. I really liked the book The Last Song (there's so much more going on than the movie even touches on). The Last Song was good too. Safe Haven was good but had some tough subject matter so it's not for everyone. I liked The Notebook and A Walk to Remember but the movies are so much better. I'd stick to some of his newer stuff. I think. :)