Thursday, March 27, 2014

Interview with Isabella Louise Anderson

Isabella grew up with a book in her hand, and to this day nothing has changed. She is a member of the Romance Writers of America and has been featured on several blogs. While Isabella doesn't blog a lot, she focuses her time on featuring other writers, along with writing and editing.

Isabella Louise Anderson created Chick Lit Goddess to share the love of the following genres: Chick Lit, Contemporary Romance, Romance, and Romantic Comedies! She loves featuring authors and their books.

She lives in Dallas with her husband and cat. She enjoys spicy Mexican food and drinking margaritas, and can be found spending time with family and friends, cheering on the Texas Rangers, and reading.

Isabella's short story, Meet Me Under the Mistletoe, was featured in Simon & Fig's Christmas anthology, Merry & Bright, in November 2013. The Right Design is her first novel.

Q. What inspired the plot for "The Right Design"?

Participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) was my inspiration for creating “The Right Design.” It was my first time to try to write a book in 30 days, and while I knew it was a challenge, I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. For this book, I was a definite panster, and didn’t have an idea of where the book would take me. I’m fortunate that my family has a home in Palm Beach that got my creative juices flowing.

Q. Who would you cast as Carrie, Roger, and Brad if The Right Design ever became a movie?

Great questions! I’d love for Katherine Heigl to play Carrie, and Josh Holloway to play Brad.

Q. Do you think you're like Carrie, or are you the exact opposite of her?

Carrie and I are very much alike. We’re both close to our sisters, love to please people, and work very hard for what we want.

Q. At what age did you realize writing was something you wanted to pursue?

Somehow, I’ve always wanted to be a writer, but didn’t seriously pursue it until I started taking writing classes at Gotham Writers’ Workshop, in 2010. Since I was a newlywed at that time, I envisioned seeing my new last name on my books, which motivated me to take more classes. Now that I’ve published “The Right Design,” I love how my name looks. J

Q. What is the most rewarding thing about being an author? What is the most challenging part?

The most rewarding thing about being an author is knowing I’ve made my dream finally come true. While I only have a few reviews right now, it makes me so happy that people have bought and enjoyed “The Right Design.” As for the most challenging part, it’s definitely the marketing part. I’m a very shy girl, so asking people to review and feature me and my book is difficult. I’m hoping that it gets easier.

Q. What are you currently reading?

I’m currently reading, “Keep Calm and Carry a Big Drink” by Kim Gruenenfelder, and “In the Mirror” by Kaira Rouda.

Q. If there was any book you could read over and over, what would it be, and why?

For about a year or so, I was obsessed with historical romances. I read several books by Philippa Gregory, but after reading “Wideacre,” I wanted to read it again and again! While it is a controversial book, I highly recommend it for anyone who wants a touch of history, with a lot of naughtiness, this is the book for you!

Q. Describe your writing ritual:

A writing ritual, what’s that?! I really wish I had one, but I don’t, but I do have a timer I carry with me. While I know I could use one on my smartphone, it helps keep away any distractions, which keep me focused.

Q. What is your favorite thing to munch on while writing?

Anything salty…chips or almonds are the best!

Q. What can your fans expect next?

I just finished the second draft of “Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop.” It’s about a woman (Khloe) who owns a florist looking for love, and takes orders from four other characters: a cheating husband (Richard) who can’t decide between his devoted wife and his mistress, an older woman (Gabriella) who finds love online after her husband dies, a middle-aged woman (Connie) who sends herself flowers at work each week, claiming that their from an imaginary boyfriend only to gain attention from her co-workers, and a young man (Curtis) who dates a health-obsessed nut, only to find himself falling in love with Khloe.

Q. What advice do you have for aspiring authors?


While it’s easier said than done, the words “just keep writing” are true. No matter how bad a draft can be, just getting it down is the first step.

Connect with Isabella!

Buy the book!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring me!