Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review: Espresso Macchiato

Title:  Espresso Macchiato
Author:  Libby Mercer
Genre:  Women's Fiction
Publisher:  n/a
Release Date:  May 22, 2012
File Size/Pages:  21 pgs
Source:  Bought
Challenge(s)Summer Challenge

My Rating:  3/5

Summary:  This free short story download from Libby Mercer hits the spot like a triple shot of espresso. It's a whimsical tale of potential romance brewing in a cozy corner coffeehouse.

Review:  Espresso Macchiato is a very unique book, and I don't think I've ever read a book like it.  The book begins with Freya Emerson, the thirty-two-year-old main character, sitting in the coffee shop, admiring "Espresso Macchiato".  As days go by, they flirtatiously pass notes to each other as they wait for their coffees.  This story was cute, but it would've been even cuter if it was a little longer.  I thought it was cute that she referred to him as Espresso Macchiato and he referred to her as Cafe Mocha.  I was shocked and disappointed when it ended because I was hoping for more to the story.

No comments: