Sunday, June 10, 2012

Review: A Sister's Forgiveness

Title:  A Sister's Forgiveness
Author:  Anna Schmidt
Genre:  Christian/Contemporary
Publisher:  Barbour Publishing, Inc.
Release Date:  May 1, 2012
File Size/Pages:  895 KB/320 pgs
Source:  NetGalley
Challenge(s)Summer Challenge

My Rating:  4/5

Summary:  Teenage cousins Sadie and Tessa are best friends, just like their mothers, sisters Emma and Jeannie. Their families are close and the girls themselves are inseparable. And then the unthinkable happens. A single instant of Sadie’s inattention causes a tragic accident—and Tessa is dead. Everything changes in that moment: Jeannie’s lost her only child, Emma’s daughter is facing legal consequences, and both families are reeling from grief and loss. Soon sorrow becomes bitterness as Jeannie’s marriage disintegrates and Emma’s two children are mired in guilt and depression. But through faith, can each sister find a way from heartbreak to forgiveness?

Review:  If your only child was killed in a horrible car accident that was caused by your niece would you be able to forgive so easily?  That has been the question I've been asking myself since June 5th, when I began reading this book.  "A Sister's Forgiveness" starts out with the hugest event ever, the wreck that take 15-year-old, Tessa's life.  Sisters, Jeannie and Emma, were so close until the death of Jeannie's daughter.  This book was very complex and if it doesn't have your full attention you can easily get lost.  The book is told from six points of view which was kind of bittersweet for me; I enjoyed getting to see how the accident affected everyone, but at times it was a bit too much for me…as if it was from too many people.  This novel was incredibly long, but it actually made me think; I couldn't even imagine if I were to ever be put in that situation.  This book was incredibly long, and I had to restart it at least twice, but it made me think.  I was able to sympathize with Jeannie.  Although I wasn't a huge fan of how Emma seemed as if she was victimizing her daughter, I enjoyed the book.  I understand that in some way everyone was sort of a victim, but I felt as if Jeannie and Geoff's feelings weren't really considered.  Overall, I absolutely loved the plot of this and it provided great food for thought. 

No comments: